How to Clean a Krups Automatic Coffee Maker
A Krups automated coffeemaker can create excellent coffee, but it should be cleaned monthly, especially if used daily. These coffeemakers are easy to clean.
How to clean a KRUPS coffee machine
After you've finished brewing your coffee, give your coffee maker a quick clean to keep it in good working order.Here's what your coffee maker needs for daily maintenance:
- Remove the reservoir and clean it.
- Clean the drip tray and clean it with warm soapy water before rinsing and drying.
- Before rinsing and drying, wash the coffee grounds collection and its filter.
- Wipe the machine down with a soapy cloth and then a moist rag.
- Every KRUPS coffee machine requires regular descaling to keep it looking good and brewing well.
How to Descale a Krups Coffee Maker
Remove the filter cartridge first, as per your Krups model's user manual, before descaling:
- Preparation: 17 oz. white vinegar in 17 oz. of water (Krups descaling solution).
- Fill the water reservoir with descaling solution.
- Press "CLEAN" and "BREW" to start the descaling cycle.
- Wait 30 minutes for the cycle to end.
- If the water reservoir is still full after 30 minutes, press the "CLEAN" button to start the descaling process.
- When the water reservoir is empty, run two full 12-cup cycles with only water (no coffee).
- Replacing the filter cartridge
Why Descale a Krups Coffee Maker?
Hard water causes scale deposits, according to the Water Quality Association (WQA). "Hardness" describes water that is hard to wash. Hard water comprises dissolved calcium and magnesium salts that build up in pipes, water heaters, and even coffee makers.
Descale a Krups coffee maker entails eliminating the salt buildup that can affect the coffee maker's performance. Removal of these deposits also reduces the unpleasant taste associated with hard water coffee.
When Should You Descale a Krups Coffee Maker?
The "CLEAN" light indicates the descaling of your Krups coffee maker. Descale Krups coffee makers once a month, or after 20–40 brewing cycles. This guideline can be bent depending on the hardness of your water and how often you brew coffee.
This is when your coffee maker takes longer than usual to brew, produces a lot of steam, stops mid-cycle, or makes a noise at the end.
KRUPS cleaning tablets for fully automatic coffee makers.
Krups Cleaning Tablets are designed for use in fully automatic Krups coffee machines, EA82 and EA9000. Fully automated models will lead you through cleaning your machine using cleaning tablets.
Each cleaning requires one pill, and each pack has ten. To keep your Krups machine clean, clean it after every 360 espressos or coffees.
Krups Double-Action Filter Cartridge
Check your coffee maker's manual to see if you can use a Krups Duo Filter. This dual-action filter lowers both chlorine and scale deposits. The Duo Filter does not eliminate the need to descale your Krups coffee maker, but it does minimize the frequency.
Regular Krups coffee maker cleaning.
Cleaning instructions for each Krups coffee maker model may be found in the user manual. According to Krups, the glass coffee carafe can be washed in the dishwasher, but only on the top rack.
Hand-wash the removable filter holder and the permanent filter in warm soapy water. Use a gentle cloth or sponge to clean the glass carafe and wash it by hand. Scrubbing or using abrasive cleaners might scratch the glass.
Cleaning your coffee maker regularly extends its life. The cleaning power of KRUPS descaling solution and vinegar is similar. However, the manufacturer's descaler is designed to keep its models in good condition.
Descale your coffee maker in whatever way you like. Regular cleaning keeps your Krups coffee maker in top form. This not only ensures durability but also keeps your coffee smelling barista fresh.